Wednesday, 6 May 2009

A new table and chairs - and a bit of a disaster!


Ages ago now, Mummy bought a new table and chairs for the garden. I had great fun playing on it, and since it was such a nice sunny afternoon, Mummy and decided we would have an impromptu barbeque!
Daddy did all the cooking whilst Mummy cooked the potatoes and prepared the salad. Harry bought out the knives and forks and I got comfy sitting at my new table to eat my tea when disaster stuck! I fell backwards and split my head open on the row of bricks between the patio and the grass.
Blood poured everywhere and it was a very deep cut so Mummy and Daddy decided to take me up to Frimley Park. Nanny and Grandad rushed round to look after Harry and Maddie (Nanny Peggy supervised until they got here) and Mummy sat in the back of the car with me to make sure I didn't fall asleep (which I nearly did, scaring Mummy!)
When we got to Frimley we went to the Children's A and E department. I perked up no end when I saw all the toys they had for me to play with! I especially liked the toy kitchen! The lady doctor looked at my head and said it needed gluing back together, since she didn't think it would go back together on it's own! I wasn't very happy whilst the glue was applied, but luckily that only lasted a few seconds and then we got to go home.
Mummy and Daddy were very impressed that we had only been gone less than 2 hours, considering how busy the A and E department was. When I got home I showed my head to Harry and Nanny and Grandad and Nanny Peggy, who said I was very brave!

No comments: